MAGPUL MBUS Magpul Back-Up Sight, Front Gen 2, Flat Dark Earth (MAG247-FDE)
The MAGPUL MBUS Magpul Back-Up Sight, Front Gen 2, Flat Dark Earth (MAG247-FDE) is a low-cost, color injection molded, folding back-up sight. The MBUS Front Sight is adjustable for elevation and fits all MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail equipped weapons, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16/M4 platform.
The MBUS Front Sight design from impact resistant polymer that provides light weight and resists operational abuse. Its a spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top.
When laying flat the Gen2 sits lower than the Gen1 enabling it to not interfere with some optics. Its overall length is nearly the same as the Gen1.
NOTE: Cannot be mounted to a railed gas block due to excess heat issues. Front MBUS must be mounted to a railed fore end on the same plane as the receiver rail. Because of this the sight is also not compatible with MOE Hand Guards.
- Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
- Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
- Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
- Clamps to most any MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 railed hand guard and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
- Protective wings shield the spring-locking A2 front sight post
- Reduced size for greater optics compatibility
- Spring-locking front sight post holds consistent elevation
- Made in U.S.A.
- Flat Dark Earth Finish