Sitka Gear takes a comprehensive approach to designing hunting clothing. They select high-performance materials, utilize the best clothing technologies like Gore-Tex, Windstopper, PrimaLoft, and Polygiene, and deploy them in strategic combinations to address various hunting situations. For more on Sitka Gear Technology, check out The Technology Of Sitka Gear.
Let’s take a closer look at several of the top Sitka Gear hunting products for 2017, starting with the newest pattern Subalpine.
SITKA GEAR SUBALPINE
The Sitka Gear Gore Optifade Subalpine pattern is the newest addition to the already loaded Sitka Gear hunting clothing line, and it addresses an important big game hunting scenario that many encounter. Subalpine is designed for ground level stalking and ambushing game, and it is specialized for close engagement distance, generally 50 yards or less. The pattern has green elements and it works best in terrain with lush vegetation, above the plains but below the tree line. Subalpine is perfect for bow hunters after big game, but it works just as well for rifle hunters who utilize stalking strategies in lush vegetation.
The flagship apparel line in Subalpine is the Ascent Series, and it is all brand new for 2017. Sitka Gear Ascent clothing is perfect for hunters who work hard to stalk and ambush big game. It is warm weather gear well-suited for the moderate temperatures that come with early season big game hunts. Ascent clothing is lightweight and breathable, and it is designed to keep you cool after a period of intense activity common in mountain terrain. Ascent apparel utilizes four-way stretch nylon fabric for silent performance in the field, and each item is treated with Polygiene® to keep hunters fresh and odor-free all day long. All items in the Ascent line are fast drying so unexpected rain or a splash from the creek doesn’t leave you soaked all day.
The Ascent Line consists of the following items, best utilized together:
- Sitka Gear Ascent Shirt – A top layer that combines four way stretch nylon core with flexible polyester knit sleeves. Mesh underarms and mesh chest pockets add additional ventilation. Comes with a collar that can be flipped up for extra sun protection.
- Sitka Gear Ascent Vest – A packable layering option perfect for when cooler temperatures hit, the Ascent Vest has a mesh back for maximum breathability even when you’re wearing a pack. There are four zippered internal cargo pockets and four zippered external pockets to carry all the gear you may need.
- Sitka Gear Ascent Pant – A flexible and versatile hunting pant that is breathable and extremely lightweight. These pants are composed of 4-way stretch brushed nylon fabric and treated with Polygiene odor fighting technology. Mesh backed pockets encourage ventilation, and knee pads with pockets accept additional padding when needed.
- Sitka Gear Ascent Gloves – A warm weather glove designed to keep the hands cool while protecting them from sun exposure, rocks and brush. The glove is non-slip and has conductive threads so you can use them with any device. Features Polygiene fabric treatment to fight odor in the field.
- Sitka Gear Ascent Cap – A traditional ball cap with mesh sides best for keeping the sun off your face without worry of overheating.
- Sitka Gear Ascent Gaiter – A valuable addition for any wet environment, the Ascent Gaiter protects the vulnerable connection between the boot and the pant leg. Sitka Gear has developed an unique cable strap attachment system that is replaceable and virtually silent in the field.
SUBALPINE FLASH PULLOVER
Another valuable addition to the Subalpine series comes in the Sitka Gear Flash Pullover. This minimalist pullover shell is outfitted with Windstopper Technology and a DWR finish to fight unexpected wind and rain respectively. The Flash Pullover packs easily into backpack storage pockets when not in use. Taped seams ensure water stays out and a zippered chest pocket stores essential gear when not in use. This is a great backup shell for hunts when inclement weather threatens.